Applied Community & Social Care Studies (Foundation Entry)
If you want to study community and social care studies at university level but don’t have the formal qualifications, this foundation entry degree is for you. Successfully complete it and you’ll be guaranteed a place on the BA (Hons) Applied Community and Social Care Studies degree.
Why study with us
- Excellent student support from the foundation entry course team and the University’s wider support services.
- Outstanding student satisfaction, and part of a social work division that's ranked 4th in the UK by the Guardian University Guide, 2021.
- Guided opportunities to access structured work experience via our own Central for Volunteering in Community Leadership (CVCL).
Gallery01 / 02
What you'll do
- Interactive, inclusive and engaging lectures and seminars which incorporate a blended approach to learning. These are delivered both in class and online over two set days, for flexibility of learning and study.
- Opportunities to study international approaches to community and social care in a variety of countries, including Poland and Greece.
- You will work in partnership with our on-campus Comensus team, who provide engaging service-user participation.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
On completion of your chosen progression route, professional career and employment opportunities can be accessed.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Social Work, Care and Community located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page