Kelly is an experienced Teacher Educator with an aspiration to communicate her desire for learning to others. With a passion for technology to enhance teaching and learning, Kelly works in the Initial Teacher Education team that has an extensive Teacher Education partnership across eleven FE colleges in the North West. Key aspects of the role involve working with partner colleges preparing for Ofsted inspection and planning staff development for partner staff.
Kelly teaches modules on the Post Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice in Education and embeds her passion for technology into everything she does. Kelly has many years’ experience of curriculum development, quality assurance and enhancement of student experience and uses this experience to quality assure UCLan's extensive Teacher Education partnership across eleven FE colleges in North West.
Kelly gained an MSc from the University of Huddersfield in 2016 in Technology Enhanced Learning. She is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a member of the Association for Learning Technology. An experienced teacher in both Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE) teaching on a range of subjects ranging from Digital Learning Design; Teacher Training Qualifications (PGCE; CertEd), Early Years Professional Practice; Teaching Assistants and Business Studies. Industrial experience includes working at the Awarding Body for the Built Environment (ABBE), the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the BBC, KPMG and the Whitbread Hotel Group. Kelly has extensive direct experience and a proven track record of development and roll out, at pace, of technology enabled learning materials to a wide variety of clients, including internal, external, project based, collaborative and whole organisation audiences. An example of this is where Kelly project managed and delivered a successful JISC project to create Interactive Learning Resources (ILR) that was uploaded to a national database to disseminate the resources nationally. This involved working with a new team with a completely unfamiliar department and enabled her to utilise her excellent interpersonal skills to win the hearts and minds of the staff. Kelly monitored and kept the project on track with an overall focus on the pedagogical values and delivered a high quality product on time and to budget. Throughout Kelly’s career is a lifelong passion in technology that has been continuously updated with a particular focus on developments of technology with an educational impact. The use of technology does not negate the need for teachers/lecturers and assessors. Moreover, learning technologies and e-learning materials can enhance learning, teaching and assessment. The latest research suggests that making students digitally independent shifts control from institution to learner, however it is also vital that staff are adequately trained/understand how to utilise technology effectively.
- MSc Technology Enhanced Learning, University of Huddersfield, 2016
- Microsoft Certified Educator Technology Literacy for Educators, 2017 (Microsoft)
- BA (Hons) Hospitality Management, Birmingham City University, 1998
- Level 5 Diploma Teaching English (Literacy) in the Lifelong Learning Sector, Ascentis, 2012
- Qualified Teacher in Learning Status (QTLS), 2012
- PGCE Post Graduate Certificate in Education, University of Huddersfield, 2009
- Level 4 Certificate in Teaching & Coaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Advanced ECDL in Word Processing, 2006
- A1 A2 V1 Assessing & Verifying Qualifications, 1999
- Technology Enhanced Learning and Teaching
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of Association for Learning Technology