Synthetic Organic Chemistry
Our MSc Synthetic and Organic Chemistry course provides training, knowledge and a perspective of a broad range of chemical industries reliant upon organic chemistry.
Why study with us
- Unlike many master’s level courses of this type, we don’t focus on one particular application of organic chemistry. Instead we give you broad perspectives across a range of chemical industries, maximising your career opportunities.
- You’ll work with state-of-the-art equipment in modern laboratories. Our JB Firth Building gives you access to the latest analytical techniques to support practical investigations.
- To enhance your work experience, you’ll have the opportunity to undertake a professional placement in industry as part of your MSc course. This will extend your study time by six to twelve months (depending on the length of the placement).
What you'll do
- You’ll develop your understanding of key chemical concepts and gain an in-depth understanding of synthetic organic chemistry.
- As the course progresses, you’ll gain the confidence to plan and carry out experiments independently.
- You’ll gain a critical awareness of advances at the forefront of synthetic organic chemistry.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
The School has strong links with several chemical industries in the UK and overseas.
After achieving a postgraduate degree in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, the possibilities are almost endless and you’ll be ready for a career which makes a positive impact on society.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page