Safeguarding children is a high profile area of work, where decision making carries a high order of risk for children, their families and those who engage with them. You’ll develop an in-depth knowledge of child protection work and be able to demonstrate effective, evidence based skills with our PG Certificate (PG Cert) in Safeguarding Children.
Why study with us
- You’ll be equipped with knowledge that will help you to critically evaluate past and current safeguarding policy and practice in children’s and young people’s services, early years, education, social work and care and health and community work.
- You’ll also be able to generate new ideas and approaches to safeguarding policy and practice when working with children and young people.
What you'll do
- The School has a research profile of national and international significance because of its contributions to the development of child care practice and research.
- We’ll provide learning opportunities to enhance your decision-making skills in complex safeguarding situations involving children and young people.
- You’ll benefit from the multi-disciplinary backgrounds and experiences of others on the course, mirroring the importance of multi-agency work to underpin all contemporary children’s services.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Zoe teaches across child-related undergraduate and postgraduate courses within the School of Social Work Care and Community. Her teaching focuses on theories of childhood and inclusion, reflecting her research interests. Zoe's research to date has focused the transitional experi…
With a particular expertise in Social Policy, Housing and Homelessness, Mary teaches across a range of subjects within the School.
The PG Certificate (PG Cert) in Safeguarding Children course was developed to support practitioners and others whose work or research interests lie in a wide range of services for children, young people, their parents or carers.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page