This course is aimed at the busy dental practitioner who wants to combine home study with treating patients under the direct clinical supervision of experienced consultants and specialists.
Why study with us
- You’ll study at a university that is well known as a provider of high-quality clinical training and education with state-of-the-art teaching facilities.
- Course highlights include learnings of microbiology of oral infections, dental radiology, treatment planning, medical complications plus communication skills combined with patient psychology.
- The course benefits from small group sizes, usually 12 or less, meaning there’s an informal and supportive learning environment.
Gallery01 / 09
What you'll do
- You’ll benefit from authentic clinical training and online and face-to-face tuition that’s responsive to the needs of a busy general dental practitioner.
- You’ll develop skills in history taking and examination, patient records and confidentiality, surgical complications, orofacial infections and management, endodontic surgery and maxillary sinus and oroantral fistulae.
- You will enjoy a teaching faculty led by Dr Peter Dyer, who is a highly experienced Consultant in Maxillo-facial surgery.
- DX4017: Utilising the Evidence Base
- DX4027: Research Strategy
- DX4040: Clinical Oral Surgery 1
- DX4049: Clinical Oral Surgery 2
DX4017: Utilising the Evidence Base
In this module you will learn to develop strategies for systematic searching of electronic databases. You will also develop your communication skills and be able to cite and reference accurately in reports.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Kate teaches all aspects of undergraduate and postgraduate oral surgery and oral diseases. Kate completed her academic oral and maxillofacial surgery (AACOMS) in the Yorkshire region in 2013 and has expertise in all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery. She has a special int…
Peter is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with a special interest in facial trauma, orthognathic surgery and oral medicine. He lectures on Oral Diseases and Oral Surgery to undergraduates and postgraduates. He is also a Responsible Officer overseeing the appraisal and …
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page