This course is aimed at the busy dental practitioner who wants to combine home study with treating patients under the direct clinical supervision of experienced consultants and specialists.
Why study with us
- You’ll study at a University that is well known as a provider of high-quality clinical training and education with state-of-the-art teaching facilities.
- Course highlights include learnings of microbiology of oral infections, dental radiology, treatment planning, medical complications plus communication skills combined with patient psychology.
- The course benefits from small group sizes, usually 12 or less, meaning there’s an informal and supportive learning environment.
Gallery01 / 06
What you'll do
- You’ll benefit from authentic clinical training and online and face-to-face tuition that’s responsive to the needs of a busy general dental practitioner.
- You’ll develop skills in history taking and examination, patient records and confidentiality, surgical complications, orofacial infections and management, endodontic surgery and maxillary sinus and oroantral fistulae.
- You will enjoy a teaching faculty led by Dr Peter Dyer, who is a highly experienced Consultant in Maxillo-facial surgery.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Dentistry located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page