If you have ambitions to make it big in the music business, then this course will give you the knowledge and industry experience you need to manage your own career and commercialise your activities.
Why study with us
- You will benefit from a very active research culture for music related studies.
- This programme will prepare you to navigate the constantly changing environment of the music industry. It has a focus on sustainable careers and how to get ahead in what is a challenging but immensely enjoyable and rewarding industry.
- You will have access to expert industrial insight from accomplished practitioners. You can also gain experiential learning through working on practical real-world projects.
What you’ll do
- Incredible opportunities for real industry experience – previous students have overseen the promotion of national concert tours, book launches, films and celebrity appearances.
- Students have worked with international artists and record labels, developed new music brands, organised festivals and other live music events, and much more.
- Opportunities to work alongside and be mentored by leading industry practitioners, attend talks and guest lectures, and work on collaborative projects with professional musicians.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Our exceptional academic team includes Professor Ewa Mazierska. Professor Ewa Mazierska has produced over 20 books on music and media related topics. Tony Rigg is an industry advisor and consultant.
The University has a very active research culture for music related studies. ‘Music Research Group’ is co-chaired by Mazierska and Rigg. The group runs regular conferences to explore key music related activities. Top experts with cutting-edge knowledge from the UK and overseas often visit campus.
Music Industry Management & Promotion facilities
The course has access to and works with many professional music venues, both in Preston, and the nearby city of Manchester. This includes the culturally significant Factory 251 venue.
This course is suitable both for aspiring music business people and for music creators and artists who wish to manage their own careers.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount