We need to respond to more threats from illegal or unwanted activities as we increase our use of communication technology and information-based applications. Delivered in Burnley, our MSc in IT Security will develop your computing skills in the theory and practice of computer security.
Why study with us
- You’ll plan, carry out and evaluate a substantial IT Security related project where you’ll practice and develop your self-management, communication, critical evaluation, and technical skills.
- You’ll investigate current trends and research which will help you to develop a systematic approach to security policy and planning.
- To enhance your work experience, we’ll help you with an industrial placement or industry-based project, which’ll also extend your study time.
What you'll do
- On this course you’ll learn about the tools and procedures used to identify computer security weaknesses to help prevent the loss of sensitive computer data.
- You’ll develop the necessary skills to become an IT security problem-solver to meet the growing demand for specialists in this area.
- You’ll develop transferable skills in evaluation of ideas and concepts, effective communication, synthesis of ideas and become a reflective practitioner.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
With an MSc in IT Security there’s a range of careers in systems management and computer security that you can pursue.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page