Cancer Biology & Therapy
Our MSc Cancer Biology and Therapy postgraduate course will prepare you for further study, to PhD level, or for a rewarding career in the biotechnology or healthcare industries. You’ll gain specialist theoretical and practical knowledge of basic molecular, genetic and biological processes associated with cancer; with an emphasis on the advances in pathology, diagnosis and therapy.
Why study with us
- This course is taught by researchers who have published extensively in the field of cancer biology and who have close research links with Brain Tumour North West and the Royal Preston Hospital.
- On successful completion of the taught modules in semester one, you’ll have the opportunity to transfer to the MRes programme.
- You’ll have the opportunity to attend the annual Brain Tumour North West meeting, held in Preston in December each year.
Gallery01 / 04
What you'll do
- Enjoy access to state-of-the-art equipment based in our Biomedical Research Facility and the Biological Sciences Laboratories, that’ll enhance your research experience.
- Extend your knowledge and understanding of the biology of cancer, advances in prognosis, diagnosis and treatment, gain an appreciation of pertinent legislative and ethical issues.
- You’ll get the opportunity to discuss cancer diagnosis, treatment and general care within the NHS via sessions with COMENSUS (Community Engagement and Service User Support) giving you a better understanding of the practice behind the theory.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
Graduates of the MSc Cancer Biology and Therapy course have gone on to PhD research, working in industry and to further postgraduate study.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page