Our MA Animation course will enable you to enhance your animation skills under the supervision of industry professionals. Whether you’re looking to create brilliant character animation, an outstanding animated film, or develop amazing sound design skills, we’ll help you to master your craft.
Why study with us
- Opportunities to work on ‘live’ projects with industry connections and build up an impressive portfolio of professional-standard work.
- You’ll have access to extensive studio, workshop and computer facilities equipped with the very latest specialist software.
- Key facilities include stop motion studios with lighting rigs, computer suites, rostrum suites for traditional animation and stop motion, a recording studio, and 3D printing and scanning.
Gallery01 / 06
What you’ll do
- You’ll get the chance to take part in our unique cJAM employability event, where you can pitch to industry professionals offering placements and work opportunities.
- Regular visiting industry professionals and trips to animation festivals will help and encourage you to network with the animation industry and are a key part of this course.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
This course is taught by a dedicated animation team who have extensive industry experience. Course leader Sarah Ann Kennedy, for instance, is also the voice of Mrs Rabbit in Peppa Pig and Nanny Plum in Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom. Mark Mason is an experienced 2D animation director who has worked in the industry for over 20 years. There are a number of other experienced animators and model makers on hand to give you advice and support.
During the course you’ll benefit from opportunities to hear from keynote industry speakers as they describe their career journey and offer their expert advice.
Through our unique cJAM employability event you’ll get to meet up to 30 successful industry professionals face-to-face and pitch for valuable work placement opportunities.
Our Animation graduates have gone on to enjoy successful careers as animators, model-makers, editors, directors, scriptwriters, set designers and sound designers.
Others have gone on to work at major companies such as Nintendo, The factory, McKinnon and Saunders, Sony Pictures, TT Games, Soccer Manager, the BBC and many others.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount