Information for students from Hong Kong

Over 1,500 University of Central Lancashire students study their degree in Hong Kong, with the University of Central Lancashire having one of the largest UK transnational education providers in Hong Kong. 

Slide 1 of 3

What our international students say

Preston feels like home, the city centre has almost everything I want. The restaurants are excellent and we have so many Indian options.
Ranjitha Tijo stood outside the EIC
Ranjitha Tijo
IT Security, MSc
Read more

Not sure about what to study?

We have a broad range of subjects and courses at various levels. Across our 4 campuses we have something to suit everyone. Learn more about your chosen subject and what we have to offer.

Contact our Hong Kong team

For more information on studying at the University of Central Lancashire, please contact:

Laura Collier, Regional Officer
Telephone: +44 (0) 1772 891594

Agents in your country

British Council Pre-departure briefings 2024 - Hong Kong

The British Council is holding pre-departure sessions for students who are preparing to study in the UK. You can visit their website to register or find out more.

View event

Entry Requirements

Please note the requirements below are indicative only

HKDSE four core modules at Level 3 or above with grades 2 or above plus two elective modules at Level 3 of above with grades 2 or above.

Our entry requirements will vary depending on the individual course and the year of entry and the below are indicative only. Any reference to typical entry qualification or grades stated on the website are provided as a guide only. There is no guarantee that applicants who have, or are predicted to achieve, grades equivalent to or exceeding typical entry qualifications or grade will be made an offer by the University of Central Lancashire.

Minimum English Language Requirements

Standard English language entry requirements - IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.

HKDSE English: Level 3 at category A English language.

English as medium of instruction for students progressing from VTC or HKCT programmes (to reflect requirements in-country).

If your academic and/or English language qualifications are not sufficient to allow for direct entry to one of our undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes, you may wish to consider one of our Undergraduate or Master Foundation Programmes, offered at the University of Central Lancashire by ONCampus. Successful completion of this programme can guarantee entry to a wide range of programmes with us.

Please see our further information and guidance on our English Language requirements.


Take a tour

Can't make it onto campus but want to explore the university? Discover our course facilities, social spaces, accommodation and city hot spots.

Explore our campuses

Take your next steps

Your international student guide

Interested in studying at the University of Central Lancashire? Our international student guide is packed with useful information for overseas students.

Ask a student

Need advice on course choices or which accommodation to choose when you study with us? Our friendly student ambassadors are ready to share their experiences. Simply register and start chatting to our current students.

Campuses and partners

We have a large and diverse campus network, with campus locations in Preston, Burnley, Westlakes (Cumbria) and Cyprus. We also have numerous other partners both in the UK and abroad.