Skip to main content

Visa advice

If you're a prospective student looking to join the University of Central Lancashire, please read through this information carefully before you apply for your visa to find out whether you need one, how to apply, and what documents you may need. Please note all information is correct at the time of publication.

If you are an overseas student planning to study in the UK you will need to apply for a visa in order to study here. Depending on your length of study you will need one of the following types of visa:

  • Student Route Visa (for courses that are 6 months or longer)*
  • Standard Visitor Visa (for short courses that are no longer than 6 months)
  • Short Term Study Visa (for English language courses lasting longer than 6 months and up to 11 months)

Please read the information below to decide which type of visa you will need then click on the links to find more details. You should apply for either type of visa before you leave your home country; doing this is called applying for ‘entry clearance’.

If you are unsure if you need a visa in order to study in the UK please read the Check if you need a UK visa webpage.

*previously known as Tier 4

If you have any questions about the Visa process, please contact the University’s Student Immigration and Compliance Team