The NHS and digital healthcare developments are undergoing rapid changes. Our Smart Pharma short course will introduce you to the digital healthcare industry.
Why study with us
- Be part of a digital health ready workforce.
- Tailor your study to your career aspirations, professional or organisational needs and interests.
- Online delivery means you can fit your studies around your work and other commitments.
Key course information
Level: Postgraduate, Level 7
Study mode: Part-time
Duration: 4 months
Module code: M4088
Start date: September, January and May
The course is taught online and tutorials can be scheduled to suit your work pattern.
On successful completion of the Smart Pharma short course, you will be able to:
- Articulate examples that highlight how Smart Pharma has played a role in enhancing health and care outcomes. The focus will be on patients who are coping with long-term conditions.
- Identify how Smart Pharma can aid the delivery of care across a care pathway. You'll focus on the impact it can have on reducing the burden and pressure on hospitals, GPs etc.
- Analyse the different applications of Smart Pharma technology in health and care delivery.
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
Future careers in digital health
Our digital health courses will prepare you for work in the digitally-literate healthcare organisations of the 21st century.
You'll exploit digital opportunities in healthcare to improve patient outcomes. This means you'll deliver safe care more efficiently and effectively. You'll bridge the gap between health and social care teams.
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page