Are you interested in Evidence-Based Medical Education? Our short course will help you better understand how to review evidence in medical education, both in theory and practice.
Why study with us
- Boost your confidence and skills in finding and using evidence in healthcare education.
- Tailor your study to suit your healthcare context, educator role and career aspirations.
- Online delivery means you can fit your studies around your work and other commitments.
Key course information
Level: Postgraduate, Level 7
Study mode: Part-time
Duration: One semester (around 13 weeks)
Module code: M4101
Start date: September
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Propose an appropriate medical education review question for a systematic review
- Plan data extraction and synthesis strategies. These will address review questions in evidence-based medical education
- Formulate a publication-standard review protocol
- Critically appraise primary evidence and systematic reviews in healthcare education
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
- The MSc/PGDip/PGCert Medical Education and its modules are accredited by the Academy of Medical Educators. To qualify for full membership, three modules (including two from MB4105, MB4102, MB4104 & MB4123) will need to have been undertaken.
Future careers in medical education
This is one of a suite of Medical Education courses. They are designed to support healthcare professionals responsible for medical education in educational institutions and in the workplace. This can include teaching, assessing, and supporting students and trainees.
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page