England Rugby Coaching & Refereeing
Gain an extra qualification outside of your degree at UCLan by completing a Rugby Award. Additional qualifications look great on your CV when you are applying for jobs no matter what area it’s in.
Why study with us
- Coaching: The coach creates the environment and encourages the values for which rugby is famous. A coach helps all players to be the best they can be and to get the most they can out of playing the game.
- Refereeing: It’s easy to become a rugby referee and it comes with a shiny whistle! But it also comes with a huge amount of respect and appreciation.
Award: England Rugby Coaching Award & England Rugby Refereeing Award
Study Mode: Part-time
Duration: Each course is 2 days
Campus: UCLan Sports Arena, Preston
- Coaching Award – 19 November 2022 & 17 June 2023 (both dates must be attended)
- Refereeing Award – 30 Oct 2022 & 4 June 2023 (both dates must be attended)
- Must have Qualification in eLearning: Headcase Concussion Awareness Training
- Must be at least 16 years old on course start date
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page