Join our Medical Education: Assessment in Healthcare Settings short course. You will learn a practical understanding of the key methods used in assessing knowledge, skills and competencies.
Why study with us
- Enhance your confidence and skills in medical and healthcare education, supervision, and assessment.
- Tailor your study to suit your healthcare context, educator role and career aspirations.
- Online delivery means you can fit your studies around your work and other commitments.
Level: Postgraduate, Level 7
Study mode: Part time
Duration: One semester (approx. 13 weeks)
Module code (if applicable): M4104
Start date: April
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Explain the key principles of good assessment design
- Critically evaluate instruments to assess knowledge, skills and competencies
- Critique a range of assessment formats in relation to different purposes
- Demonstrate standard setting techniques
- The MSc/PGDip/PGCert Medical Education and its modules are accredited by the Academy of Medical Educators. To qualify for full membership, three modules (including two from MB4105, MB4102, MB4104 & MB4123) will need to have been undertaken.
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page