What we do
We offer business assistance as well as technical and engineering support. We can advise on how the use of drones can help you develop and take new products to market, boosting your growth. Our specialist team of drone pilots, robotics specialists, and hardware and software engineers can help accelerate your product development activities and create lasting research collaborations to help you in the long term.
This project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with a grant allocation of £1.85M and is delivered by UCLan.
What are the benefits to your business?
- Support from world-leading experts in drone technologies
- Access to our state-of-the-art drone facilities. With over £1.4m of the latest technologies for design, prototyping, simulation, and flight-testing equipment
- Access to our flight test airstrip located close to our Preston Campus
- Being part of a regional cluster of technology manufacturers, research organisations, supply chain and end-users
- Advice and referrals to other University and locally delivered support programmes
How is the support delivered?
The LIDZ team delivers support through a series of specialist workshops and technology demonstrations. So we tailor our support to individual needs.
Alongside in-depth one-to-one support, we can also assist with:
- Raising awareness of the opportunities and benefits of developing and adopting drone technologies
- Technology audits and case-use studies to help you accelerate your project
- Drone-related Research and Development (R&D) which could include support with design, simulation, systems integration, prototype development and flight testing
- Flight and safety case development
- Growing your network of contacts in the sector
- Referrals to a wide range of support for funding and business support
Who are these drone-related services for?
The LIDZ project is available to Lancashire-based small and medium enterprises (SMEs), employing 250 employees or less. your business must also show either an annual turnover that is equal to or less than 50million Euros or a balance sheet total that is equal to or less than a 43million Euros.
If your company doesn't fit these criteria, please contact the team to discuss alternative avenues for support and collaboration.
Gallery 01 / 15
As the government funding for this project ended on 30 June 2023 please contact our Business Enquiries Team or call us on +44 (0) 1772 895500. We can discuss with you what other options may be available to you to support you. This could be in your research, development, training and consultancy needs.