Eye Health Clinic
Our purpose-built eye clinic on Adelphi Street is open to cater for all your eye-care needs. We offer a full-service including examinations and prescriptions to spectacle dispensing.
- We are open to the public and wish to work with and for the community, we also work alongside Preston Hospital Eye department.
- Extensive suite of state-of-the-art computerised equipment including OCT and retinal photography.
- 15 clinic rooms, dispensing clinic and 3 instrumentation suites
- Examinations carried out by experienced members of staff or by our final year optometry students under direct supervision.
"From the very beginning I was impressed by the service received. The student who attended was very thorough and happy to answer the questions I had about my blepharitis. I would not hesitate to recommend the Eye Clinic."— Jane Harvey, patient
We offer a full Opticians service.
- Sight test
- Glaucoma screening
- 3d vision (depth perception)
- Colour vision/colour blindness
- Dry eye consultations and treatments/advice
- Glasses (starting complete with anti-reflective coating at £40)
- Blue light filters available
- Anti-fog treatments
- Safety eyewear
- VDU lenses, anti-fatigue lenses, night driving lenses, varifocals etc.
- Contact lens tests
- Supply of contact lenses
- Visual stress test (colourimetry for dyslexia/Irlan’s syndrome etc.)
- Eye tracking for sports vision
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Bespoke dispensing with tailor made lenses
We offer comprehensive eye tests and are able to carry out more tests than time constraints would allow in a normal practice. Tests are double checked by a supervisor, with plenty of time to chat through any concerns, or ask questions.
Our prices are very competitive and we are open to staff, students and the general public.
Our frame brands at the moment include Ted Baker, Stepper, United colours of Benneton, Land Rover, Cocoa Mint and Hook London.
Eye health clinic images01 / 05
Hannah works full time, overseeing the day to day running of the Eye Clinic. Hannah started working in optics in 1999, she then undertook a dispensing course and qualified in 2004 as a Dispensing Optician. Since then, she has worked in large multiples and small independents. She has also been involved with Domiciliary care.