Louise's days are spent inspiring students to be our next Brand Managers, Visual Merchandisers, Buyers and Stylists. Louise works with our students to explore strategies to launch products and services in an innovative and ever-changing world of fashion & lifestyle.
Louise has two roles. Firstly, she is the Academic Lead for Fashion & Textiles Unit. Louise is also a Senior Lecturer on BA Fashion Promotion. Louise is the Course Leader for two MA Fashion degrees (MA Fashion and Lifestyle Promotion and MA Fashion and Lifestyle Brand Studies)
Louise has a background in Visual Merchandising, Fashion Buying, Fashion Retail, Styling & Merchandising. Louise started teaching at degree level in 2007.
- MA Fashion and Lifestyle Promotion, UCLan, 2010 (Distinction)
- BA (Hons) Fashion & Brand Promotion and Marketing, UCLan, 2007
- Winner of Graduate Fashion Week Marketing Award, 2007
- Louise is passionate about trend forecasting. Her area of research is based around forecasting the city of the future; exploring/ scenario planning how we will live in 50-100 years’ time Louise’s most recent research project has enabled her to develop working relationships with industry; initial conversations have taken place with industry in terms of sharing ideas and discussing future proposals. Louise has also participated in community projects and focus groups within her research area.
- Louise also enjoys researching into how interior atmospherics and visual merchandising in a retail environment can influence the buying behaviour of customers.
- Member of SEDA and a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (D2 status), UCLan, 2009