Laura is a teacher practitioner 1 day a week covering both undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications within the School of Pharmacy. Laura is also Lead Pharmacist for Education & Training and Audit at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust.
Laura brings her hospital pharmacy experience into the university to add a real life perspective to the curriculum. She predominantly teaches on the undergraduate third and fourth year modules bringing in her patient experience. She also works with the postgraduate team on the PGDip, and developed the leadership module to meet the needs of the pharmacist workforce. In her hospital role she works with a variety of healthcare professionals and students within the workplace in developing their skills in a patient facing environment.
Laura qualified as a pharmacist in 2008, and has worked with the school of pharmacy since 2014. She has developed her clinical skills covering a range of specialities and furthering her qualifications with postgraduate courses. In addition she has gained recognition in her teaching practice through the Higher Education Academy and further qualifications. She continues to support development of healthcare professionals in the workplace with a range of publications.
- MPharm (Hons) first class, Liverpool John Moores University, 2007
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy, Liverpool John Moores University, 2011
- Elearning Multi-Professional Support for Learning and Assessment in Practice, The University of Manchester, November 2016
- PGCert in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, February 2017
- PGDip MedEd , Lancaster University, September 2019
- Hospital pharmacy
- Learning in the workplace
- General Pharmaceutical Council
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- United Kingdom Clinical Pharmacy Association
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
Laura is just starting her research work but is interested in pharmacy practice and learning in the workplace. Publications: BPSA online article ‘Summer Placements and Opportunities’ September 2016. Why are pharmacy students steering clear of summer placements? Pharmaceutical Journal online 20 June 2019.
- UCLan Teaching and Learning Conference 2017 poster ‘Developing a new module to meet professional standards for postgraduate pharmacy students’