Jennie has been teaching at UCLan since 2010 and as an experienced community pharmacist and community pharmacy leader is able to bring practice to life for her students and ensure that teaching is current and relates to the world the students will be working in when they graduate. This expertise is recognised in the three textbooks she had been involved in writing and editing.
Jennie teaches on various modules on the MPharm course. Currently she has been heavily involved in calculations teaching.
Jennie has worked for Boots since 1988 and has carried out a variety of store based and field based pharmacy and management roles for them. She was closely involved with their Independent Medical Agency in the development of private Patient Group Directions for the Company. Her current role involves working as a patient facing pharmacist, designing and delivering training to pharmacy technicians, pre-registration trainees, pharmacists and store leaders. Jennie is also heavily involved in community pharmacy externally in Greater Manchester as a member of Greater Manchester Local Pharmaceutical Committee. She is a member of the Manchester Healthcare Academy Board.
- BSc (Hons) Pharmacy, Brighton Polytechnic, 1988
- PG Clin Dip, University of Bradford, 1998
- PG Cert LTHE, University of Central Lancashire, 2013
- PJ1302 - Foundations in Pharmacy Practice
- PJ2300 - Systems-Based Patient Care 1
- PJ3300 - Systems-Based Patient Care 2
- PJ4300 - Preparation for Professional Practice
- Community Pharmacy
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society 1989 to date
- Fellow of the Faculty of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society 2018 to date
- General Pharmaceutical Council 2010 to date
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2013 to date
- Greater Manchester LPC 2016 to date