Hazel is a General Practitioner who brings clinical experience to her teaching role.
Hazel leads communication skills, professionalism, prescribing, obstetrics and gynaecology teaching on the Physician Associate programmes. She is also involved in the teaching of clinical skills and leading weekly cases. Hazel also facilitates small group teaching of communication skills and professionalism on the MBBS programme and is a portfolio tutor.
Hazel graduated from Manchester Medical School in 1998 and subsequently completed General Practitioner training. She is a Member of the Royal College of General Pratitioners and also has a Diploma in Child Health, a Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and a Diploma of the Faculty of Family Planning. She has worked as a General Practitioner since 2003, during which time she completed postgraduate qualifications in education including the Higher Professional Education Foundation course, Personal and Professional Development in General Practice and the Basic Trainers Course. Her interests lie particularly with clinical communication skills and female health.
- University of Manchester Medical School 1993-1998
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of SurgeryJune 1998
- Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners (Distinction) 2003
- Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2001
- Diploma of Child Health 2001
- Diploma of the Faculty of Family Planning 2002
- Clinical communication skills and female health
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners