Dr Gargi Soni
School of Medicine and Dentistry
Gargi Soni, MD, is an Associate Professor and Senior Lecturer in Gross Anatomy. Dr. Soni is currently the lead for the Gross Anatomy module in our Postgraduate Diploma in International Medical Science programme. She delivers content to students based on the United States Medical Licensing Examination ® (USMLE®) curriculum.
Dr Soni teaches anatomy and radiological anatomy across various modules: molecules to medicine, musculoskeletal & dermatology, cardiovascular, renal, gastrointestinal, respiratory, endocrine and reproductive.
Dr Soni has been teaching Gross Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Histology and Medical Embryology to medical undergraduates and postgraduates for the last 15 years. As a head of the unit in Management and Science University in Malaysia, she was responsible for achieving the outcome based delivery of the planned curriculum and had administrative responsibilities.
After graduating, Dr Soni held faculty positions in Pandit BD Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak, India. She taught anatomy, histology, embryology, and neuroanatomy to undergraduate and postgraduate students in the medical, dentistry and physiotherapy programs.
Prior to joining us, she was a Senior Lecturer and Head of the Anatomy Unit at Management and Science University in Shah Alam, Malaysia. Here, she spent six years.
In her current role, she is the lead for musculoskeletal and dermatology module and also teaches gross anatomy across other modules. Her research interest include anthropometry and clinical anatomy. She has 25 publications in highly reputed journals.
Dr Soni is passionate about teaching anatomy and continuously seeks out opportunities to create a positive learning environment while using new technologies to aid in learning. She has been published in multiple national and international journals and has supervised student research. Dr. Soni is a member of the Anatomical Society of India, and British association of Clinical Anatomists.
- MD (Physician), Kazakh state Medical University, 2001.
- MD (Anatomy), Pandit BD Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak, 2007.
- Best Faculty of the semester in the Celebration of Academic Excellence - AUC, School of Medicine, May 2021 and September 2022
- Clinical Anatomy
- Anatomical Society of India
- British Association of Clinical Anatomists
- Fellow of Academy of Higher Education (FHEA)
Dr Soni has research interests in anthropometry and clinical anatomy.
- Gargi Soni, Usha Dhall, Sudha Chhabra.Determination of Sex From Femur: Discriminant Analysis, Journal of Anatomical Society of India, Volume 59, Issue 2, 2010. Pages 216-221. ISSN 0003-2778.
- Soni, Gargi. (2012). Morphometric Analysis of the Suprascapular Notch. The Internet Journal of Biological Anthropology.
- British Association of Clinical Anatomists, May 2022.