Zhengyuan carries out research on novel polymeric nanomedicines while teaches across a range of pharmaceutical and biomedical practicals.
Zhengyuan has carried out research and published papers, reviews and book chapters on thermo-responsive polymers, dendrimer prodrugs, linear-dendritic nanocarriers for their pharmaceutical applications. He has also undertaken practical teachings and acted as lab manager.
Zhengyuan was a formulation scientist in cosmetic industry before studied in the University of Manchester, UK. After MSc, he obtained the scholarship from the Universities UK to continue PhD study on polymeric drug carriers. Since joined the University of Central Lancashire, he has carried out research, independently and collaboratively, on polymeric nanomedicines for cancer therapy.
- PhD, the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Manchester, 2008
- MSc, Polymer Science and Technology at the School of Chemistry, University of Manchester, 2003
- BSc, Applied Chemistry at Wuhan University, China, 1999
- Overseas Research Scholarship, 2004-2007
- University Research Scholarship, 2004-2007
- Design of polymeric nanocarriers for pharmaceutical applications
- Polymeric colloids for drug solubilisation and delivery
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry