Abhi is a GP with a keen interest in medical education, who has been teaching undergrateduates and postgraduate students since qualifying as a doctor in 2008 from Manchester Medical School. Abhi started as Clinical Lead for Interprofessional Education in 2017 and has led on a number of collaborative events between faculties. Abhi is an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
As Phase 2 Theme Lead for Evidence Informed Practice of Medicine, Abhi is a module leader and responsible for Years 3 & 4 of the MBBS course which incorporates psychology, sociology and public health on to theory learnt in Phase 1. Abhi started this role in 2019 and is also Clinical Lead for Interprofessional Education (IPE) since 2017. In this role, Abhi is responsible for the design and delivery of IPE through Years 1-5 of the MBBS course.
Prior to joining UCLan, Abhi qualified as a doctor in 2008 from University of Manchester. After completing her postgraduate foundation training at East Lancashire Hospitals Trust, she trained to be a GP and qualified in 2014. Working as a GP in the local area, Abhi continued to teach undergraduates for local medical schools, as well as designing teaching programmes for Physician Associates course for UCLan.
- AFHEA, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- MRCGP, Royal College of General Practitioners, 2014
- MBChB, University of Manchester, 2008
- UM3020 - Evidence Informed Practice of Medicine 3
- UM4020 - Evidence Informed Practice of Medicine 4
- UM1030 - Medical Skills and Quality Care 1
- UM2030 - Medical Skills and Quality Care 2
- UM3030 - Medical Skills and Quality Care 3
- UM4030 - Medical Skills and Quality Care 4
- UM4080 - Transition to Clinical Practice
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of General Practitioners