Got a question?

Frequently asked questions

You can request a 'Bank Letter' to open a student bank account by completing our online form. Please make sure you fill in the form completely.

Please view our Council Tax Student Certificate page for guidance.

Have a look at our money webpages it explains what funding you may be entitled to, and what additional funding is available as well as information and guidance about managing your money.

You can also take a look at our Student Fees, Funding and Finance FAQs for more specific queries.

If you need to confirm your student status, please complete our online form.

If you are in immediate financial difficulty you can apply for a Short Term Loan. The applications process is simple – discover more about our Short Term Loans and what you need to do.

To help us give you and our course team the support you need please complete a questionnaire to let us know about any disability, long-term health condition, SpLD or mental health condition. This helps us ensure the best experience for you throughout your studies. More information can also be found on our support pages.

We’ve created this handy video to help you discover how you can find, reserve and access library materials for your course.

We’ve created this handy video to help you discover how you can find, reserve and access library materials for your course.

During Semester 1 our venues listed below are open for you to get food and drinks on campus.

  • Harrington Kitchen – Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 7.15pm
  • Foster Coffee Square – Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 7.15pm
  • Greenbank Café – Saturday to Sunday, 8.30am - 1.30pm

If you're hungry outside of these times we also have vending machines across campus and operate 24/7 for cash and card payment.

Visit our campus page for virtual tours and maps, there are also maps located across campus, usually outside our buildings. If you have access to the internet you can also download our 'UCLan Mobile' app from the Apple Store or Google Play.

If you have a parking permit you can park on any of our designated car parks (check out the T & C‘s you have already received). If you don’t have a permit yet, during Semester 1 you can park at our Fylde Road car park. For more information please visit the Student car parking page.

Need help with enrolment and registration? Email our Academic Registry team, or for urgent queries call us: +44 (0)1772 891828.

Tuition fees are dependent on which course you choose to study and how you choose to study your programme. Our fees are reviewed annually and information for our Home, European, Island and International based students can be found on our Fees and Finance section. Whether you're applying for courses at either undergraduate or postgraduate level, you may be entitled to bursaries, grants, scholarships or discounts so please check out all the information available to discover what you may be entitled to.

Yes, you have the opportunity to defer your place to the next entry intake. Just request this option, providing us with your name, course, date of birth and your UCAS/UCLan ID number then email it to us at:

Whether you're holding an unconditional or conditional offer, our Admissions team need to see evidence of the qualifications listed on your original application. This ensures that you are eligible for your chosen course, and also enables you to enrol.

A Levels and most BTEC results are sent to our Admissions office via UCAS. All other forms of qualifications should be submitted directly by you as early as you can to our Admissions office. You can provide this information either by post, email or fax.

Please check the conditions of your offer to ensure all the necessary information is provided. You will not be able to enrol until your qualification is submitted.

You can enrol as soon as your place is confirmed and you have submitted your qualification evidence. We will prompt you with some handy emails to help you complete your online enrolment when it is time (Once you have received your Username and Password you can access Online Enrolment from 6 weeks before your course starts).

One of the emails will ask you to upload a photo, this will enable you to set up your University of Central Lancashire Card, which gives you full access to all of our excellent facilities, including the library and sport centre.

Our Admissions team will send your induction material for your course. After enrolling you will be able to access your timetable and other course materials on the university network. 

  • Our acclaimed one-stop student information centre is located at the centre of the campus on the ground floor of the library. Offering help and advice on all aspects of University life, from accommodation, finance, course information and childcare queries and more, it is an invaluable resource to all of our students.
  • The Welcome Team offer peer-to-peer support and advice from other students so that you can meet and talk to someone who has had the same experiences as you.
  • Student Support are available to help you with any problems you may have during your time with us. Where we can help you with careers advice, financial advice and guidance, an on-campus health centre, independent academic advice, our counselling service, and a multi-faith centre, as well as providing support for you if you have learning difficulties or special needs.
  • We will assign you a personal tutor who will be there to help you and  monitor your progress whilst you are with us.

Our students may take on part-time work to pay towards their study expenses and gain valuable employment experience. Being in the heart of the city means that there are plenty of job opportunities close to campus.

If you’re looking to improve your CV or just after a little extra money in your pocket, UCLan Careers is the place to find it, whether it's a part-time job, volunteering opportunity or a work experience placement come along and chat to us.

So that studies won’t be affected, we recommend working no more than 17 hours per week during term time.

Studying at university places much greater emphasis on independent learning when compared with school or college. So while contact time in the classroom or lecture theatre may seem less, with anywhere between 10-15 hours per week, you will be need to carry out independent study outside of lectures, using our resources to review, research and extend your understanding of the topic. Typically, this amounts to a working week of 37 hours during term time.

It may be some time since you studied, or you may need to polish up your essay writing skills or practice giving a presentation. You can access a range of support and advice to help with your academic skills, including student support from 2nd and 3rd year students, as well as our academic experts to help you develop the skills to study and learn independently. Find out more on the Student Support web pages.

Our professionally run pre-school (situated at our Preston campus) offers a nurturing and high-quality environment for children aged 6 months to 4 years. For more details, including opening times, please visit our pre-school centre page.

If you have financially dependent children you may be eligible for a bursary, visit our scholarships and bursaries page to find out more. 

All our senior staff have been supported to undertake specific training in order to support students who are feeding their babies, we also feature dedicated breastfeeding facilities across the campus.

Course-related questions

We are open and available to offer face-to-face appointments via Student Support.

You can contact the team via email or telephone. You can also visit our student Support desks on the lower ground floor of the Student Centre.

Contact us

If you have a question that we haven't already answered in our FAQs then you can contact our support teams by using the contact details below.