On our MPharm Pharmacy degree, you will master the requirements of a modern day pharmacist. You'll be a scientist, professional communicator and health advocate.
Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospects (outcomes)Complete University Guide (Pharmacy and Pharmacology)
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospects (on track)Complete University Guide (Pharmacy and Pharmacology)
- You'll get taught by GPhC registered working pharmacists, pharmacologists, medicinal chemists, biologists, biomedical scientists and pharmaceutics experts.
- Benefit from our strong NHS and industrial links and enjoy in-built placements in community and hospital settings.
- Learn in our pharmacy practice suite, with flexible teaching spaces and clinical skills areas as well as industry-standard scientific laboratories.
UCLan prepares students for the changing role of the Pharmacist
Gallery01 / 04
What you'll do
- Throughout your four-year degree, expert-led teaching will integrate science and practice.
- Your experiential learning will increase year on year, setting you up for a successful and fulfilling career.
- You'll be equipped with the essential skills, attitude and knowledge to enter the pre-registration year. This will lead to eventual registration as a pharmacist with the GPhC.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the GPhC, which regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain. You will gain the knowledge and skills required to be a key member of a healthcare team - becoming a pharmacy expert, health advocate, communicator, collaborator, scholar and professional.
Tamara is lecturer in Pharmaceutical Science here since June 2022. Tamara has a PhD from our School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences. Her degree is in developing nanoparticle formulations. This is for targeted drug delivery to treat brain cancer. She has a wide experience in p…
As a sought-after graduate with an MPharm in Pharmacy you could work in a GP practice, community or hospital pharmacy, or be in industry or a mental health trust.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page