Covering all aspects of musical theatre skills and opportunities for creating new music theatre, this practice-based course is ideal if you are looking ahead to a career as an on-stage performer or back-stage creative.
Why study with us
- You'll learn from experienced and active professionals, like Course Leader, Mark Goggins, who has worked on productions of Cats, Shrek and The Sound of Music.
- Our chamber choir, which is made up of Music Theatre students, has won several national competitions, including the BBC Adult Choir of the Year.
- This course has a 100% pass rate to date, with most students graduating with a 2:1 or 1st class honours.
Discover cJAM Performance, our networking event for students
Gallery01 / 15
What you'll do
- You’ll learn by doing – getting involved in a major production of an existing work, as well as creating your own devised work.
- You’ll learn from experienced and active professionals, like Course Leader, Mark Goggins, who has worked on productions of Cats, Shrek and The Sound of Music.
- Performance is central to the course – you’ll perform in the community as part of your course, put on public shows and could even perform overseas.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
From the west end and television to voice-over work and cruise ship entertainment, our BA (Hons) Music Theatre course offers the skills and experience you’ll need to perform professionally.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page