This course will prepare you to be a confident and competent midwife, effectively supporting women, birthing people and their families through pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Why study with us
- You'll benefit from a case-based approach to learning, allowing you to learn from real-world scenarios in an engaging and holistic way.
- You'll spend 50% of your time on placements in practice and this will contribute towards 50% of your overall degree classification.
- Our midwifery and health visiting degree programmes are the first in the UK to be awarded the prestigious UNICEF Baby Friendly Gold Award which meet the sustainability standards (2021).
What you'll do
- You’ll have the opportunity to use clinical skill labs, which provide a safe environment to put theoretical knowledge into practice.
- Within your programme, you will have the opportunity to participate in an elective placement, which can be either national or international, allowing you to explore midwifery in a different setting.
- You have the opportunity to join the award-wining University Midwifery Society and Passionate Midwifery Forums.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Explore our fantastic campuses and discover what life is like here at the University of Central Lancashire.Book a campus tour
View the course facilities
- This course is validated by the NMC, the nursing and midwifery regulator for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Your midwifery qualifications and experience will open up a wide range of options to further develop your career.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Community Health and Midwifery located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page