This course will prepare you to be a confident and competent midwife, effectively supporting women, birthing people and their families through pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Why study with us
- 4thin the UK for overall positivityNational Student Survey (Midwifery) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- You'll benefit from a case-based approach to learning, allowing you to learn from real-world scenarios in an engaging and holistic way.
- You'll spend 50% of your time on placements in practice and this will contribute towards 50% of your overall degree classification.
- Our midwifery and health visiting degree programmes are the first in the UK to be awarded the prestigious UNICEF Baby Friendly Gold Award which meet the sustainability standards (2021).
What you'll do
- You’ll have the opportunity to use clinical skill labs, which provide a safe environment to put theoretical knowledge into practice.
- Within your programme, you will have the opportunity to participate in an elective placement, which can be either national or international, allowing you to explore midwifery in a different setting.
- You have the opportunity to join the award-wining University Midwifery Society and Passionate Midwifery Forums.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is validated by the NMC, the nursing and midwifery regulator for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Your midwifery qualifications and experience will open up a wide range of options to further develop your career.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary