On our BA (Hons) International Journalism degree you’ll learn multimedia reporting skills to help you walk straight into jobs in journalism around the world in print, digital media and broadcast.
Why study with us
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in International Journalism is ranked 1st in the UK with 90% of students satisfied with the quality of feedback and assessment (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Our BA (Hons) International Journalism degree is the only international journalism degree in the UK.
- Our University is the third UK partner in the Google News Labs University Network.
What you'll do
- Our teaching team include ex-journalists with international experience, and you’ll regularly hear from guest lecturers.
- Work experience is an essential part of the course and you’ll be encouraged to gain experience in a range of news organisations, both in the UK and overseas.
- You’ll be encouraged to study part of your course abroad. There is a wide range of exchange programmes available, to dozens of countries, in Europe, Asia, North America and Australia.
A day in the life of a Journalism student
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Journalism has been taught in Preston for nearly 60 years and the course has an excellent employment record. Our graduates are working for news and media organisations all over the world including Beijing, Brussels, London and Dubai.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page