Study the greats of English Literature, such as Shakespeare and Dickens, and gain key skills in analysis and communication on this Foundation Entry course.
Why study with us
5in the UK for academic supportNational Student Survey (Literature in English) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- 8thin the UK for overall positivityNational Student Survey (Literature in English) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- Choose spend a semester or full year abroad. We have exchange agreements with universities in many countries.
- Access our Live Literature Room, where you’ll share your work with peers and attend events and literary readings from industry insiders.
- You’ll get the opportunity to explore major literary centres, such as Paris, and the relationship between literature and place.
What you'll do
- Learn from industry experts as we regularly invite in writers and guest speakers such as Caryl Phillips and Jacqueline Wilson.
- Study abroad as part of your course – we have a scheme where you can choose to spend a semester or year abroad, with exchange agreements with universities in many countries.
- Explore literature from around the globe and gain valuable work experience with real clients through our Live Literature Room project.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Humanities
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page