English Literature (Foundation Entry)
Study the greats of English Literature, such as Shakespeare and Dickens, and gain key skills in analysis and communication on this Foundation Entry course.
Why study with us
- English courses at the University of Central Lancashire are ranked top 20 in the UK and 2nd in the North West for overall student satisfaction (CUG, 2022).
- You’ll access our Live Literature Room, where you’ll share your work with peers and attend events and literary readings from industry insiders.
- You’ll get the opportunity to explore major literary centres, such as Paris, and the relationship between literature and place.
What you'll do
- Our team is made up of major researchers and we regularly invite writers and guest speakers . Previous guest speakers have included Caryl Phillips and Jacqueline Wilson.
- Study abroad as part of your course – we have a scheme where you can choose to spend a semester or year abroad, with exchange agreements with universities in many countries.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Study abroad as part of your course – we have a scheme where you can choose to spend a semester or year abroad, with exchange agreements with universities in many countries.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page