Learn how to manage, co-ordinate and lead a construction project team, from project inception to final completion on our Construction Project Management Foundation Entry degree course.
Why study with us
- 3rdin the UK for teaching qualityGuardian University Guide (Construction, surveying and planning)
- 6thin the UK for overall scoreGuardian University Guide (Construction, surveying and planning)
- 7thin the UK for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Building)
- Our optional sandwich year lets you put classroom learning into professional practice – gaining vital experience and radically enhancing your employability.
- International opportunities include an overseas placement, a chance to study abroad as part of the course, or an overseas study visit.
- The flexible delivery of this course allows you to study whilst in employment. Our part-time teaching is delivered just one day per week.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- You’ll get hands-on experience, working on real-life projects and case studies alongside tutors who have close industry links.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Knowledge share with students on facilities management, quantity surveying or building surveying degrees – or even transfer your course.
- ERC004: Practical Skills
- ERC005: Design Studies
- ERC006: Analytical Studies
- ERC007: Study Skills and Information Technology
- ERC008: Computer Aided Design
- MAC101: Foundation Mathematics
ERC004: Practical Skills
This module will give you the practical skills and experience for your chosen route of academic study on a course in engineering.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by October 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course has been accredited by the RICS, the globally recognised professional body which promotes the highest international standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
Construction project managers leave behind portfolios of buildings – this could be your legacy for generations to come.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page