Construction Project Management (Foundation Entry)
Learn how to manage, co-ordinate and lead a construction project team, from project inception to final completion on our Construction Project Management Foundation Entry degree course.
Foundation Entry degree courses are designed for students who have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to directly enter their chosen Honours degree programme.
Our course is filled with an exciting mix of subjects that encourage innovation. You’ll develop an understanding of the latest construction technologies, management systems and design principles, which are essential to the profession.
A professional practice module ensures you’re fully equipped to be a team player in the world of work.
Why study with us
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
- International opportunities include an overseas placement, a chance to study abroad as part of the course, or an overseas study visit.
- The flexible delivery of this course allows you to study whilst in employment. Our part-time teaching is delivered just one day per week.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- You’ll get hands-on experience, working on real-life projects and case studies alongside tutors who have close industry links.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Knowledge share with students on facilities management, quantity surveying or building surveying degrees – or even transfer your course.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course has been accredited by the RICS, the globally recognised professional body which promotes the highest international standards in land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- We are an academic partner with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. CABE brings members together to share knowledge, raise standards and develop professionals. By improving collaboration across disciplines, members are able to raise competency throughout the industry.
Construction project managers leave behind portfolios of buildings – this could be your legacy for generations to come.
Our placement tutor has close links with industry and will enable you to learn the skills and current knowledge sought by employers.
The construction industry is highly competitive and graduates require a range of skills to demonstrate that they have the ability to thrive in the workplace.
The majority of graduates are working in construction, as construction managers and project managers. Other graduates have gone on to postgraduate study with us, gaining an MSc in Construction Project Management.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page