Building Services & Sustainable Engineering
Apply modern, sustainable and energy-efficient engineering systems to built environments on a Building Services and Sustainable Engineering course that’s well-respected by the global industry.
You’ll graduate with the ability to analyse, evaluate and ultimately solve problems associated with the built environment and building services engineering.
Study areas include engineering services systems, controls and plant, energy efficiency and sustainable design, and project, resource and energy management.
Our BEng (Hons) course is a good start for engineers wanting to continue their academic development by studying for a higher degree or professional qualification.
Why study with us
- Full-time students can spend an optional 48-week sandwich placement in industry.
- Take the opportunity to visit Hong Kong for a week on an exchange and to experience the ASHRAE conference in the United States.
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- Our course is as multi-disciplinary as the professional world. Your project work helps you to facilitate dialogue with management teams.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Project work is steered towards sustainable and energy efficient engineering solutions.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the CIBSE, as meeting, in part, the academic requirements for Chartered Engineer registration preparing you to gain (CEng) status. The Institution provides first-class information and education services to support professionals and promote good practice.
Students studying Building Services and Sustainable Engineering go on to establish professional careers in consultancy, design, contracting, project management and maintenance.
The level of education on this course is appropriate to students who will eventually hold senior positions with consultants or contractors engaged in building services engineering.
These organisations include technical departments of government and semi-government institutions where building energy management is a major concern.
Part-time students already working in the industry will graduate with a competitive edge and full membership of professional bodies.
Whether you already have your results, or you're thinking about returning to study, register your interest for Clearing and we can help find the course for you.Register your interest for Clearing
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page