Are you thinking about applying to a UK medical school? Join our one-week residential medicine summer school. Gain skills, insight and experience from our medical school staff.
What to expect
When you arrive in Preston, transport will be provided to our Westlakes Campus. You will have time to unpack and settle into your own en-suite bedroom.
Then, we will begin our medicine summer school schedule. That includes:
What does the Medicine Summer School include?
- Accommodation included
- Practical workshops and lectures
- Clinical skills
- Group activity sessions
- Advice from medical students
- Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) mocks, guidance and practice
- Exciting social programme
- Comprehensive Summer School insurance
Meet the team
- Professor Alison Carr
- Professor Cathy Jackson
- Professor Stuart Maitland-Knibb
- Elizabeth Chaplin-Brice – National Centre for Remote and Rural Medicine Manager / Safeguarding Lead
- Dr Tim Smith – Academic Lead, Westlakes Campus
- Dr Antonio Villarivera – Lecturer in Physician Associate and Medicine Programmes
- Charlotte Thomas – Outreach and Widening Support Officer / Safeguarding Lead
Alison is the School Dean since April 2023 and was previously Head of Medical School since April 2022. Alison has held a number of education leadership roles in England over the last 20 years in undergraduate medicine, postgraduate medicine and in developing national policy. Alis…
Prof Stuart Maitland-Knibb has worked extensively in urgent care, emergency medicine and pre-hospital emergency medicine. After working in the military for 12 years, as clinical director, he created an out-of-hospital remote centre to deliver urgent and emergency care to be deliv…