UCLan-Cultivate Food Safety Culture for Business Performance
Launched in 2020, the UCLan-Cultivate initiative invites leaders in the food industry to better understand their business’ culture of safety. This new technological solution enables both real-time food safety culture measurement and assessment of the impact of culture interventions during a weekly cyclic continuous improvement process.
Led by our Professor of Food Safety Management Systems and Co-Director of the Nutritional Sciences and Applied Food Safety Studies Group and Prof. Carol A. Wallace, and Principal of Cultivate Food Safety in Switzerland, Dr. Lone Jespersen. This project works with businesses individually to collect and analyse data using the innovative technology platform, Cultivate Pulse.
- Strengthen food safety culture in UK food manufacturing businesses and, by which, strengthen their business economic gain and success
- Improve food safety performance in individual business via weekly feedback on company culture
- Establish networks and increase knowledge transfer by connecting industry, regulators, academia, and general public to our online knowledge base
- Improve business adaptability via technology-based, low-effort, weekly dialogue with frontline teams and continuous leadership engagement
- Project Lead/Contact Prof. Carol A. Wallace
- Project Staff Dr. Sophie Tongyu Wu