Mental Health Practice
Our Postgraduate Certificate in Mental Health incorporates Approved Mental Health Professional training and uses an in-depth approach to developing skilled AMHP practitioners.
Why study with us
- Our course draws on the expertise of practising AMHPs, academics, researchers, lawyers, service users and carers.
- The course reflects the needs of our local employers and stakeholders and is continually shaped in response to feedback.
- Build on and refine the skills and values needed to work as an autonomous, competent practitioner.
What you'll do
- You will extend your University teaching into a practice placement in a mental health setting, with a suitably qualified AMHP acting as Practice Educator. You’ll demonstrate applied knowledge through a practice portfolio.
- On successful completion of this award you could progress to a PGDip or MA award.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by The College of Social Work. The role of the TCSW, to champion high standards and drive excellence in social work and social work education over and above the threshold standards held by the Health and Care Professions Council.
- This course is accredited and endorsed by the HCPC regulatory body. The HCPC is a regulator of health and care professionals in the UK, approving programmes and setting the standards that individuals must meet in order to become a registered professional.
- This course was approved by the Health and Care Professions Council and is now approved by Social Work England, the specialist body who regulates social workers in their vital roles.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Social Work, Care and Community located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page