Our Postgraduate Certificate in Mental Health incorporates Approved Mental Health Professional training and uses an in-depth approach to developing skilled AMHP practitioners.
Why study with us
- Our course draws on the expertise of practising AMHPs, academics, researchers, lawyers, service users and carers.
- The course reflects the needs of our local employers and stakeholders and is continually shaped in response to feedback.
- Build on and refine the skills and values needed to work as an autonomous, competent practitioner.
What you'll do
- You will extend your University teaching into a practice placement in a mental health setting, with a suitably qualified AMHP acting as Practice Educator.
- You’ll demonstrate applied knowledge through a practice portfolio.
- On successful completion of this award, you could progress to a PGDip or MA award.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
- This course was approved by the Health and Care Professions Council and is now approved by Social Work England, the specialist body who regulates social workers in their vital roles.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page