Our MA in Interior Design (with optional Professional Placement) is for professional and newly qualified designers. It will challenge you to formulate your own rigorous, critically independent responses to a specific area of interior design that interests you.
Why study with us
- You’ll benefit from a staff of leading academics and practising designers and a programme of guest lecturers alongside skills specific workshops.
- You can choose to work within an established area of contemporary interior design practice or explore the potential for design diversity.
- A special feature of the MA programme is the blend of practice and theory which’ll underpin your project.
Gallery01 / 08
What you'll do
- You’ll be part of, and learn alongside, a large and varied postgraduate design community in the School; sharing knowledge and accessing a wide range of staff skills and resources.
- Successful completion of a combination of research and practice modules leads to the MA award or Intermediate Diploma or Certificate exit awards.
- Practical work is carried out within our extensive and very well equipped studios and workshops.
Interior Design facilities
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Professional placement option
This course has an optional module to secure work in industry via professional placement. On the placement you will:
- Build on and apply the material studied to workplace practice
- Develop personal and professional skills and early career development
- Gain decision-making skills in complex and unpredictable solution
- Challenge established principles and contemporary practices within the industry.
Pamela is a lecturer working with both BA and MA students within the School of Arts and Media. Alongside this role Pam oversees live projects within the field of interior design. These are nurtured through her contacts in both practice and educational settings and she actively en…
Teaching staff are chartered members of associated professional bodies such as RIBA. They’ll help to open up opportunities for you to network with regional bodies linked to your area of study.
The MA in Interior Design will further your career in commercial design practice, and improve your employability through work experience opportunities.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount