Our MA in Interior Design (with optional Professional Placement) is for professional and newly qualified designers. It will challenge you to formulate your own rigorous, critically independent responses to a specific area of interior design that interests you.
Rooted in creative practice, through discussion and group crits you’ll form a uniquely individual, tailor made programme of study within the School’s master’s programme.
Alongside your studies you will have the opportunity to go on trips to visit galleries and exhibitions relating to your studies.
Why study with us
- You’ll benefit from a staff of leading academics and practising designers and a programme of guest lecturers alongside skills specific workshops.
- You can choose to work within an established area of contemporary interior design practice or explore the potential for design diversity.
- A special feature of the MA programme is the blend of practice and theory which’ll underpin your project.
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our postgraduate Interior Design students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
Gallery01 / 08
What you'll do
- You’ll be part of, and learn alongside, a large and varied postgraduate design community in the School; sharing knowledge and accessing a wide range of staff skills and resources.
- Successful completion of a combination of research and practice modules leads to the MA award or Intermediate Diploma or Certificate exit awards.
- Practical work is carried out within our extensive and very well equipped studios and workshops.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Teaching staff are chartered members of associated professional bodies such as RIBA. They’ll help to open up opportunities for you to network with regional bodies linked to your area of study.
The MA in Interior Design will further your career in commercial design practice, and improve your employability through work experience opportunities.
The programme has a strong track record of internship success, with staff providing leads for part-time positions in practice as part of the programme.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page