On our MA Graphic Design (with optional Professional Placement) course you’ll have the opportunity to develop your own choice of personal topic(s) within the wide arena of visual communication. This will be guided by your research and support from your supervisor.
Why study with us
- The opportunity for a structured work experience will be provided for every student who requests it.
- You’ll have access to an excellent library of traditional and digital books/magazines and computers loaded with the latest industry software (such as the Adobe Creative Suite).
- Study trips are an important part of the research activity that brings design to life. We’ve taken students on study trips to London, Berlin, Amsterdam and New York in recent years.
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our postgraduate Graphic Design students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
Flora talks about her time studying here
Gallery01 / 07
What you'll do
- You’ll get to attend lectures from guest speakers and practicing designers who are at the top of their profession.
- Every year we hold a Design Conference Week featuring various national and international guest speakers from all areas of graphic design, branding, advertising, illustration, media and digital design.
- At the end of the course your work will go on display at a public exhibition.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Graphic Design facilities
Many of our graduates have gone on to secure high profile roles in leading graphic design and creative agencies, both nationally and internationally.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page