Children's Book Illustration
The MA in Children’s Book Illustration (with optional Professional Placement) is perfect for practicing professional illustrators, artists and designers wishing to develop new ideas and techniques aimed at the children’s market. This taught, studio course is also suitable for recent design graduates who wish to focus and refine their ideas at a more advanced level.
Why study with us
- Learn to generate ideas and visually problem solve to a deadline whilst forging your own visual vocabulary.
- At the end of the course you will have a body of work produced to a professional and publishable standard.
- Our students have won several national children’s book awards and our alumni have illustrated over 70 published titles so far.
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our postgraduate Children's Book Illustration students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
Gallery01 / 06
What you'll do
- You’ll benefit from a programme of guest practitioner lecturers, company and consultancy visits as well as exhibitions and extra workshops.
- Project work will be exhibited in a final showcase that will be attended by industry and potential employers, as well as family, friends, students and the general public.
- You’ll have access to a wide range of staff expertise and extensive workshops and studio resources.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
Children's Book Illustration facilities
Children’s Book Illustration graduates could enjoy a career as an author/illustrator for children’s books, working as a book designer, or working in the publishing industry.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page