The Professional Doctorate in Criminal Justice provides an alternative award for the traditional Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). The D.Prof is a unique programme designed for professionals working in the Criminal Justice sector who are interested in furthering their development as expert practitioners.
Why study with us
- Online resources provide the flexibility to study when and where it suits you, within a guided and structured framework.
- The course is taught by lecturers with frontline experience in criminal justice organisations and those who are research active in this area.
What you'll do
- You’ll benefit from established professional links with Lancashire Constabulary and other law enforcement agencies, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- The Professional Doctorate course is delivered by a diverse range of experienced research/practitioner active staff from within the School.
- You’ll develop a professional approach to research practice in criminal justice by analysing and critiquing the philosophical dimensions of research methodology and the use of current research techniques.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Justice located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page