Industry accreditation from hospitality institute
Ten undergraduate and postgraduate courses have received prestigious recognition for the next five years
Ten University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) programmes have received accreditation from the Institute of Hospitality.
The six undergraduate and four postgraduate courses in hospitality, tourism, and event management have been awarded the prestigious recognition for the next five years.
The Institute of Hospitality’s Professional Review Panel commended the University’s offering, and highlighted:
- the opportunity for a work placement for Master’s-level students following their formal studies
- the delivery of the ‘Events in Action’ module, where monies raised are donated to a children’s charity
- the qualifications, academic experience, professional engagement, and industrial experience of the teaching staff
- the academic and physical resources available to support student learning
- the emphasis placed on student involvement in the Staff Student Liaison Committee
- the quality of documents presented that support all aspects of the University Quality Assurance process
"Our relationship with the Institute of Hospitality recognises our commitment to blend practical learning with academic rigour"— Jane Shaw, Principal Lecturer and Academic Lead in Tourism, Hospitality and Events at UCLan
Jane Shaw, Principal Lecturer and Academic Lead in Tourism, Hospitality and Events at UCLan, said: “We are delighted to have secured accreditation with the Institute of Hospitality. We are looking forward to networking with industry professionals and introducing our students to the wide range of resources now available to them.
“Our relationship with the Institute of Hospitality recognises our commitment to blend practical learning with academic rigour and our continued efforts to stay up to date with the latest industry trends that open up global employment opportunities to our graduates.”
The accredited programmes are: BA (Hons) Event Management, BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management, BA (Hons) International Tourism Management, BA (Hons) Management in Events (Top-up), BA (Hons) Management in Hospitality (Top-up), BA (Hons) Management in Tourism (Top-up), MA Internship in International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management, MSc International Festivals and Event Management, MSc International Hospitality and Event Management, and MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management.
Peter Ducker FIH, Chief Executive of the Institute of Hospitality, added: “It is a pleasure to award accreditation and to welcome the University of Central Lancashire to our global network of accredited programme providers. I look forward to developing our relationship with UCLan students and supporting their graduates in the future.”