Eye Health Clinic
Our purpose-built eye clinic, a student led equivalent to a high street optical practice, is open to members of the public, providing an excellent learning environment for our Optometry and Ophthalmic Dispensing students to gain specialist real world skills.
The eye clinic is open to the public and works with and for the community, also working alongside Preston Hospital Eye department. The clinic includes an extensive suite of state-of-the-art computerised equipment including OCT and retinal photography, with 15 clinic rooms, a dispensing clinic and 3 instrumentation suites. Examinations are carried out by experienced members of staff or by our final year MSc Optometry students under direct supervision. Students on the BSc (Hons) Ophthalmic Dispensing course will have the opportunity to learn within the clinic.
We offer comprehensive eye tests and are able to carry out more tests than time constraints would allow in a normal practice. Tests are double checked by a supervisor, with plenty of time to chat through any concerns, or ask questions.
+44(0)1772 89 1900
- Sight test; Glaucoma screening
- 3d vision (depth perception)
- Colour vision/colour blindness
- Dry eye consultations and treatments/advice
- Glasses (starting complete with anti-reflective coating at £40)
- Blue light filters available
- Anti-fog treatments
- Safety eyewear
- VDU lenses, anti-fatigue lenses, night driving lenses, varifocals etc.
- Contact lens tests
- Supply of contact lenses
- Visual stress test (colourimetry for dyslexia/Irlan’s syndrome etc.
- Eye tracking for sports vision State-of-the-art equipment
- Bespoke dispensing with tailor made lenses
Varied - during term time
The Eye Health Clinic can be found in rooms HA303 – HA326 of the 3rd floor Harrington BuildingGeneral Enquiry