District Nursing with Integrated Independent Prescribing
Our Postgraduate Diploma in District Nursing with Integrated Independent Prescribing course is designed for nursing professionals looking to advance their career. It enables you to gain both a professional qualification in Community Nursing and a Postgraduate Diploma.
Why study with us
- You will gain both an academic award and a professional qualification, graduating with a Community Specialist Practitioner qualification alongside a Postgraduate Diploma.
- The work-based modules will allow you to directly apply your learning in your workplace and tailor your skills development to your career ambitions.
- The programme structure includes core modules as well as V300 prescribing.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
You’ll grow and nurture your talent through the forward-thinking businesses we collaborate with to offer a Degree Apprenticeship.
Who is this course for?
This Degree Apprenticeship is aimed at current nursing professionals who are looking to advance their career.
Combining University-based learning with a programme of practical skills training and development within your workplace, you will gain an in-depth understanding of how to deliver and lead effective, safe and responsive nursing care across a wide range of health and care settings.
What you'll do
- Benefit from learning alongside a peer network of nursing professionals and gain from sharing your knowledge and experiences as you progress through the course.
- The academic course has been developed to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to be a District Nurse with Integrated Independent Prescribing.
- We pride ourselves on our excellent student services and offer expert advice and support with financial matters, health and wellbeing, inclusive support and much more.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
- This course is validated by the NMC, the nursing and midwifery regulator for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Future careers and job role
This Degree Apprenticeship will prepare you to become a highly skilled and innovative practitioner at the heart of today’s rapidly changing nursing profession. You will learn how to use your skills and experience to provide outstanding, compassionate care to patients and their families. It is ideal if you are committed to the highest standards and always striving for continuous improvement in the delivery of treatment and care.
You can register with the government Find Apprenticeship Service to receive updates on all Degree Apprenticeships. Or visit our vacancies page to view our latest job listings.
Information for employers
Our Postgraduate Diploma in District Nursing with Integrated Independent Prescribing course is designed for nursing professionals who are looking to advance their career. It enables them to gain both a professional qualification in community nursing and a Postgraduate Diploma.
Each apprentice will continue to be employed within your organisation while also studying for formal University qualifications, usually for one day a week at one of our campuses. This course meets Apprenticeship Standards and your apprentice will gain the knowledge and skills they need to advance their career as well as enhancing standards of patient care and implementing cutting-edge ideas and methods to deliver positive change in your organisation.
Benefits to the Employer
- This course gives you the perfect opportunity to up-skill the next generation of leaders in District Nursing. Apprenticeships can provide a way to succession plan, enabling specific skill sets to be retained within your business.
- Your apprentice will engage in projects which could deliver tangible benefits to your organisation. They will be equipped to deliver advancements in patient care by implementing cutting-edge skills and methods.
- You can access funding from the Government which will allow you to develop your staff into highly qualified professionals.
This course is based in the School of Community Health and Midwifery located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page