Our post-qualifying framework (PQF) allows health and social care practitioners to continue their professional development and achieve further qualifications in their field.
This module has been developed to facilitate health care practitioners to enhance their knowledge and skills with regard to being able to recognise, assess and respond to deterioration in the acutely ill patient. The module is patient-focused and explores the assessment and monitoring techniques needed to support the acutely ill patient. It also critically reviews the support strategies required to respond to deterioration in the acutely ill patient such as track and trigger early warning systems.
Duration: Semester 1 (9 days) or Semester 2/3 (9 days)
Module code: NU3082
Start date: September or March
All applicants must;
- Be registered health professionals
- Be currently working in an acute hospital setting
- Have studied to level 6 before
- Have six months work experience in an acute hospital setting
- Be qualified for at least 2 years
- Have the support of their manager in practice
- Be able to demonstrate engagement throughout studies to the course leader