Palliative Care Practice
The AdvCert in Palliative Care Practice is a degree level course (Level 6), which focuses on the theoretical and practical context of Palliative Care Practice for current healthcare practice.
Delivery: Mixed Mode
Study Mode: Part time
Duration: One double module comprising nine days attendance, plus three negotiated learning days.
Start Date: September
- Therapeutic relationship the nature and boundaries
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Patient and family focussed care
- Facilitating care management within the multidisciplinary team
- Symptom management
- Comfort and well-being
- Transitions in advanced disease including care in the last days of life
Professional qualification plus 12 months clinical experience.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page