Recognised and valued by employers – both in the UK and Internationally. Improves career prospects: most requested qualification by employers. Entitled to Technician Membership of IOSH (TechIOSH) and Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM).
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is made up of 2 units which must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEB0SH National General Certificate Qualification:
- Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why should we manage health and safety
- How do health and safety management systems work and what do they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Examined by open book examination online.
- Unit NG2: Control of Workplace Hazards
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General work place Issues
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Work equipment
Assessed by a two-hour practical exam.
Level: Short Course
Study Mode: Part time
Duration: 10 days plus 1 day for the exam
Start Date: Start dates are varied
Who should attend:
Designed for managers, supervisors and employees who have health and safety responsibilities, the certificate will equip you with all you need to know about how to manage workplace risks effectively.
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page