Care of the Intraoperative Patient
At the University of Central Lancashire, our post-qualifying framework (PQF) allows health and social care practitioners to continue their professional development and achieve further qualifications in their field.
- This degree-level module is aimed at practitioners who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of caring for patients during the intraoperative phase of treatment. It covers a range of topics including anatomy and physiology, circulating and scrubbing for surgical procedures, utilisation of surgical modalities, infection control, positioning and care of the patient.
- The focus throughout will be on professional approaches to delivering care, with emphasis on patient safety whilst undergoing surgical intervention.
- Students may study the module on its own for continuing professional development purposes or for the award of BSc (Hons) Professional Practice or as part of the Advanced Certificate Critical Care.
- All students are encouraged to develop and maintain a portfolio of learning and achievement. The portfolio is not assessed but supports personal development planning; development of reflective practice and career enhancement activity.
- Students who wish to record a Specialist Practitioner qualification will be required to include evidence for learning and achievement against specialist practice standards.
Aims and objectives
- Core dimensions 1-6
- Health and wellbeing 2,4-7,10
- Information and knowledge 1-3
- General 1-2,6
Level: Short Course, CPD
Study Mode: Part time
Duration: 15 half days
Module Code: NU3645
Start Date: Next cohort: September
Students must be working in a clinical area relevant to the module content.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page