Benefits of volunteering
- Get valuable work experience
- Develop the skills that employers want
- Make a positive contribution to the local community and others
- Gain nationally accredited leadership and management qualifications
- Meet new people and also extend your network of contacts
Become a volunteer
If you're a student at UCLan you can register with us to become a volunteer. There are lots of volunteering opportunities and you can apply for any vacancies that interest you. We'll also get in touch regularly to let you know about the other volunteering and learning opportunities on offer.
With over 500 volunteering opportunities on offer, you’re bound to find something that inspires you. You could help lead projects in areas such as:
You'll gain skills and experience in areas directly related to your interests or career aspirations.
Frequently asked questions
- The Centre for Volunteering and Community Leadership (CVCL) have achieved the Investors for Volunteers quality standard until 2025. To meet the quality standard we were assessed in six quality areas. The mark indicates our appreciation for volunteers and our dedication to volunteering within the organisation.Investing in Volunteers