Furness College is the largest provider of Higher Education in South Cumbria with more than 30 years’ experience of delivering university-level programmes in Barrow. The college, rated TEF Silver, is an established partner of UCLan, offering a range of professional/technical degrees in the health, education and engineering sectors.
Degrees can be studied full or part-time at the £47million Channelside campus to ensure flexibility for those who are studying and working. The college is rated silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework – the highest award in Cumbria. Many students either progress directly into employment or transfer to the third and final year of an honours degree course at university.
Studying with Furness College can offer you a wide range of benefits:
- More than 30 years’ experience of providing university education (over 500 Furness College students studied university level courses in 2020)
- Learn while you work, thereby reducing costs and loans
- University qualifications which are awarded by universities including the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- Accreditation by the Institute of Engineering Technology (IET) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- University qualifications which are relevant to future employment opportunities
- Small group sizes which are friendly and supportive and help to improve confidence
- Courses which fit around the workplace and a busy home life
- Reduced transport costs
- A network of support including personal tutors and additional support
- High standards of tuition
- Excellent training resources which meet industrial/commercial standards
- Progression routes to honours degree courses or employment
- Superb facilities including an Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Centre and several IT suites with subject specific software