LEAP “Lancashire Engaging Apprentices Project”
Lancashire Engaging Apprentices Project (LEAP) are part-funded by the European Social Fund and delivers a targeted mix of support, training and development for apprentices and their workplace mentors employed in the Lancashire SME workforce.
What does LEAP offer?
- A suite of skills development, training and support opportunities
- We will support Apprentices to achieve and progress into higher level Apprenticeships through additional mentoring and training.
- Provide CPD opportunities for workplace mentors to enable them to become more effective in supporting Apprentices to develop their work-related knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- We support successful outcomes for Lancashire Apprentices environment through ensuring Apprentices can be fully supported by the Apprentice Levy and the services available to their employer through the Digital Apprentice Service.
- We support career progression, tackle disadvantage and provide new skills leading to wider careers choices.
- Aged 16 or over
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Employed within a Lancashire based SME
- Be an apprentice or aspiring to be an apprentice OR Working within a role supporting apprentices
LEAP will be delivered by a consortium of 8 organisations led by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan). The partners are listed below.
- Blackburn College
- Burnley College
- Blackpool and the Fylde College
- Lancaster and Morecambe College
- Lancashire Work Based Learning Forum
- Myerscough College
- North Lancashire Training Group (NLTG)
The Lancashire Engaging Apprentices Programme (LEAP) provides additional support for apprentices and employers based in small and medium sized enterprises.Thursday 29 July 2021
The Lancashire Levy Transfer Network (LLTN)
Levy transfer is where an employer who pays the Apprenticeship Levy and has unspent funds, agrees to support another employer to pay for Apprenticeship training.
The Lancashire Levy Transfer Network (LLTN) is an impartial and free service that matches businesses wanting to transfer unused Apprenticeship Levy funds to businesses seeking support to fund the costs of Apprenticeship training for their employees.
To find out more visit: www.lancashirelevytransfernetwork.org.uk
Charlotte Duffell, LEAP Project Manager
Ann Marie Ward, Delivery Manager
Tel: 01772 894684