Executive Education and Leadership Hub
The Executive Education and Leadership Hub is part of the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise and provides bespoke, tailor-made leadership and management programmes.
The team is led by Dr Eliza Morgan, Head of Executive Education and Leadership Hub and Reader in Innovation & Enterprise.
Our team of experts works with you to deliver your ideal leadership and management solutions.
Our methods include:
- Personal leadership interventions
- Project management courses
- The strategic development of senior leaders and managers in public sector organisations
- Facilitated sessions
- Team development in the outdoors
- Individual coaching for senior managers
- Group coaching
- Leadership development of front-line supervisors
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and Association of Project Management (APM) accredited programmes
The support provided can include the following:
Psychometric and ability testing offers employers an accurate way of measuring a person’s capabilities, work style or values to acquire the best results for your organisation. According to the British Psychological Society, research demonstrates that these objective measures provide the most accurate way of measuring individuals.
Here at the Executive Education and Leadership Hub, our BPS accredited team of ability and personality psychometric testers will work with you to select and arrange appropriate measures to make sure your recruitment and development needs are met. We offer a full range of experience in delivering high quality psychometric testing solutions including numerical, verbal, diagrammatic, and situational reasoning tests through to the personality type indicator, MBTI (a framework for understanding individual differences and strengths) for professional and personal development of your staff; FIRO-B, 16PF, EJI and Belbin Team Roles.
We are a team of experienced and qualified coaches and mentors whose experience spans a range of industries. We offer coaching in the outdoors; executive, individual and team coaching and mentoring. There are also bespoke coaching/mentoring programmes for organisations. We support organisations to develop a coaching culture. Closed and open qualification programmes are also available with the ILM and CMI. The confidential coaching/mentoring relationship addresses an individual’s current professional concerns; providing space and time for an individual to reflect on and evaluate their work. It offers employees help with career appraisal and development and explores professional and personal boundaries.
Our consultants and coaches also provide support for organisations that would like to develop a coaching culture, working with leaders and employees to understand the history and operational context, and help embed a coaching programme designed for your business needs. An individual engaging with a coach can benefit from improved job satisfaction/well-being, personal productivity and improved communication with team members.
Organisations and businesses that engage in developing a coaching culture see benefits including, an increase in engagement, productivity, increased creativity and reputation for supporting high potential employees.
Our style of delivery engages participants with sessions that are strongly rooted in theory and best practice using creative, innovative and fun methodologies to achieve results. We use technology, craft and play to engage small and large groups to generate ideas, reflect on practice, action plan and provide feedback.
Our facilitators are experienced educators and trainers that understand the balance between achieving learning outcomes and delivering fun.
Working collaboratively with our public and private sector clients we combined delivery methods to produce a flexible and tailored product to deliver successful outcomes. We provide facilities that can aid the learning experience, including, simulation suites (observation and live simulation), lecture and gallery rooms and shared open spaces.
We deliver recognised project management training and qualifications, utilising PRINCE2 and APM methodology. By using a creative facilitation approach, we engage those leaders and managers in non-traditional project management roles to lead/sponsor successful projects.
We offer Lego® Serious Play® facilitators to provide a different approach to developing a team spirit required for real success. Lego® Serious Play® methodology offers everyone the opportunity to construct innovative solutions to complex problems facing their organisation. Often referred to as the ‘lean-in’ culture, concentrating on building and relating to the models they create allows focus to remain on topic and maximises engagement from all.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss how we could support leadership and management within your business.
Executive Education and Leadership Hub project
Professor Chris Pyke and Dr Eliza Morgan
- Professor Chris Pyke, Executive Dean of the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise, is the Leading Lancashire Executive Director and Dr Eliza Morgan, Reader in Innovation and Enterprise is the Leading Lancashire Consortium Director and UCLan Delivery Team Director. Chris and Eliza lead the strategic and operational direction of the project within UCLan and across the partner institutions.
Dr Eliza Morgan, Reader in Innovation and Enterprise, Head of Executive Education and Leadership Hub
- Dr Morgan is part of the Senior Executive Team at Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise. She leads on Executive Education and the School’s commercial portfolio. She is a highly experienced learning, educational and development specialist with a proven track- record of improving individual and organisational capability through: analysing organisational and individual learning needs; creating bespoke organisational and generic sectoral interventions; leading the delivery and evaluation of interventions; blending interventions designed for organisational needs with the enhancement of individual learning and higher educational attainment.
- Eliza’s friendly and collaborative approach delivers effective results and is now central to the establishment and maintenance of relationships with clients from a range of commercial sectors. She is responsible for the creation and delivery of learning interventions and is an engaging facilitator, coach, lecturer and researcher.
- Eliza has over 20 years of experience of supporting leadership development using psychometric instruments including MBTI Step 1 & 2, FIRO-B and Strong. She is also an accredited Lego® Serious Play® Practitioner. Her current research interests include the cartography of leadership and the efficacy of leadership development approaches.
Louise Varley, Executive Education and Leadership Hub Project Officer
- Louise brings skills from psychology, business and management to the Executive Education and Leadership Hub, with comprehensive experience of assessment and development centres and their role in leadership. She has worked with a clients from a range of sectors: education, military, emergency and health services, and company executives. Within this client base she has operated 360o appraisals and is qualified for both Level A and Level B psychometric tests.
- Within the Executive Education and Leadership Hub, Louise is central to mapping out the journey of clients to ensure that their individual needs are accommodated within our programmes and that the projects run smoothly to ensure a client’s needs are met.
Ann Marie Ward, Executive Education and Leadership Hub Delivery Manager
- Ann Marie has a background in training and organisational development within the public sector. As a qualified trainer, she has held a range of people-centred roles that involve, group facilitation; coaching; practice development and interpersonal skill development.
- Experience in organisational development and project management has enabled Ann Marie to successfully lead projects supporting human resources and training teams to improve opportunities for all employees Lancashire probation service, including developing a coaching programme, amending the appraisal process, supporting internal communications and adopting an apprenticeship scheme.
- At UCLan, Ann Marie has supported the project management of a Euro-China collaborative research project on ageing-in-place, coordinating multi-disciplinary research teams in the UK, France and China. Within the Executive Education and Leadership Hub, Ann Marie supports the design and delivery and evaluation of leadership development and project management programmes.
Helen Cass, Leading Lancashire Delivery Support Officer
- Helen has worked for UCLan for over nine years, during which time she has supported staff to identify their training needs. She is a qualified MBTI practitioner and trained mentor.
Caroline Hart, Leading Lancashire Delivery Manager
- Caroline is a coach, facilitator and leads the delivery of UCLan’s Leading Lancashire Project. Previously Director of Operations for a North West Charity, Caroline is a qualified social worker who spent over 10 years in the voluntary sector. She has worked at UCLan for 6 years, coaching individuals and teams and facilitating development programmes. Caroline’s passion is people, and loves working with individuals to explore their own skills, qualities and resources.